Week One has Come and Gone – Have you set your New Year’s Resolutions?

NewYearResolutionsBesides the freezing and below freezing temperatures that swept across the nation last week, this should have been a rather productive week to get started on those New Year’s resolutions, both personal and business related.  However, some of us may be ready to give up, some might still be facing the dilemma of reviewing the past year and establishing new goals, while others made immediate changes January 1st and are ready for what 2014 has to offer.  No matter what category you might fall in, don’t give up!

According to the University of Scranton Journal of Clinical Psychology only 8% of people reach their goals or resolutions each year.  This is an upsetting number considering how many times do you hear, “The new year will be different.”   So why do only 8% of people reach their resolutions, and how can the other 92% reach or at least attempt to reach their goals for 2014? Maybe we are setting unrealistic goals, or maybe we are not taking the time to review our goals on a regular basis to keep ourselves on track.

In 2014 let’s take a realistic approach to our New Year’s Resolutions by taking small steps to reach our overall goal.  By breaking down our goals into smaller steps, when we are not able to reach one of those steps we can get past it and move to the next or try again.  Always realize that failure, recovery, and improvement are a part in any process.

About turningpointcommercial

Turning Point Commercial Delivers SMART Commercial Real Estate Solutions. We take initiative to provide smarter solutions which are tailored to your individual need and align with your long-term real estate objectives. Serving the Greater Washington Metropolitan Region including Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
Goals , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>