There has been a shift in commercial real estate lately that could make property owners think about making changes to their own properties in order to stay on top of their competitors. An emerging trend over the last year that needs some attention is the increased amount of tenants continuing to shrink space requirements to improve efficiency; tenants are relying on technology rather than extra square footage. What does this mean for landlords/owners? It might be the time to consider embracing flexible design features, green technologies, and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) systems, or face the consequences. Tenants want vibrant and innovative work spaces and are leaning to Class A buildings over Class B and C.
- 2013 Q4 Commercial Market Update Report
- Week One has Come and Gone – Have you set your New Year’s Resolutions?
- 2014 CRE Trend #1 – Gen Y Impacts Commercial Real Estate for Years to Come
- 8 Reasons Sustainability Trends Are Driving Commercial Real Estate Value
- Emerging Trends in Commercial Real Estate – Does your Commercial Real Estate have what it takes?